Hi Bold Bakers!
Pies, especially pies with ripe seasonal fruit, are a big favorite around here. If we could eat pie anywhere, at any time, we would — but it isn’t really a dessert made to be served away from a table. Enter my Homemade Peach Hand Pies!
These peach hand pies are so easy to make, easy to serve, and even easier to eat! You won’t need any utensils or plates for these pies. They’re the perfect final act for any potluck, party, or picnic.
Peaches are an incredible summer fruit, and even if you don’t get the best peaches at a grocery store, this simple pie filling really brings out their wonderful flavor.
What Are Peach Hand Pies?
Peach hands pies are everything you love in a peach pie, just in an easier-to-eat package! These individual servings, that are easily transported and enjoyed, are as simple as they are delicious.
The peach pie filling, made with peaches, a little lemon juice, and some vanilla extract, is incredibly addicting, and it pairs perfectly with my buttery Homemade Pie Crust.
What You Need To Make Peach Hand Pies
How To Make Peach Hand Pies
Cooking with fresh fruit is a bit tricky, especially peaches because they are so juicy, but by following these steps, you’ll get the perfect peach pie filling, all while keeping your pie crust crispy (and don’t forget to get the full recipe with measurements, on the page down below).
- To make the peach pie filling, combine sugar, cornstarch, and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk this mixture constantly as it comes to a simmer. Let it simmer for around 2-3 minutes, or until it has thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice and peaches. Transfer the filling to a shallow bowl and place it in the refrigerator. You want the mixture to cool completely and thicken.
- Once cooled, roll out 2 pie crusts and cut 20 3 ½-inch (9cm) circles. Place 10 circles on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Mound a small amount of the pie filling in the center of each of the circles on the sheet. Brush the edges with egg wash and place the other 10 pie crusts on top. Press on the edges with your fingers or a fork to seal.
- Using a thin knife, cut slits in the top of the crust to allow for venting. Brush all over the tops with the remaining egg wash and sprinkle the crust with coarse sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Serve the hand pies warm or at room temperature.
Gemma’s Pro Chef Tips For Making Peach Hand Pies
- You’ll want to make sure the peaches are diced nice and small. This doesn’t just help with assembly, but it means you’ll be able to pack in as many peaches as you can into the hand pies.
- You can make both the pie filling and the pie crust (stored separately) one day ahead to make your baking day quicker.
- No peaches? This recipe is also delicious with nectarines.
- I don’t opt to peel the peaches as I find their skin delicate, easy to eat and add flavor. But if you’re not into that, feel free to peel them!
- Use my Homemade Pie Crust!
- Do you have leftover pie filling? Add it to any seasonal fruit pie or galette!
How Do I Store Peach Hand Pies
These peach hand pies can be stored, loosely covered, at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Make More Pie!
And don’t forget to buy my Bigger Bolder Baking Cookbook!
Full (and printable) recipe below!